Monday, September 24, 2007

Quick update

So the reason I haven't written anything on here in a while is that there hasn't been much going on. The only interesting events of the past week were dressing up for a formal dinner with another apartment (getting fed is always a plus) and bribing a cab driver to let six of us rather than the maximum of four into his car. We were way out in the middle of nowhere (near all of the clubs that move to the beach for the summer), and it was 3:30 in the morning. The conversation went something like this:

"We need to get to Kolonaki and Pangrati... and we have two more friends coming with us."
"No, maximum four!"
"Even with a really good tip?"
"No, maxi---How good?"
"How much would it take to get six people into this car?"
"Mmmm, 15 euro."
"Deal! Get in, guys."

It was still a cheap ride, and taking the tram would have taken an hour and a half to get home.

I have some more to write down, but I just found out that I have classes today- I was told they were cancelled...... And I haven't started packing for the week long Crete trip, which leaves 10 minutes after my last class ends. So I should probably get on that.

edit: It took me about twenty minutes to pack, so I have an hour to write some stuff out. Here goes.

This past weekend was pretty relaxed. I stayed in Athens and was just bumming around town. Which was good, because a lot of people got stuck on islands this weekend due to rough seas. They have to take the boats straight to Crete, and miss out on the sweet 15 hour ferry ride. Which I am really looking forward to. Should be a lot of fun. Hopefully I don't get seasick, though I never have before.

Classes are classes, same old same old, and the weather has been nice. A little bit colder, but still nice.

Oh, and to end on something interesting- I found out that I can fit 43 straws into my mouth at once.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Come on...43?!?! I'm sure you could have gotten at least one more in there.

Anonymous said...

43 straws...and you sucked in a litre in how many nano-seconds?